Our latest webinar, taking place at 10 a.m. EST on Wednesday, 4/21, will show CFOs the advantages of SAFe® for Lean Enterprises.
As the CFO, your focus is on profitability, growth, and creating shareholder value. Yet, traditional methods of working can slow progress within your organization, leading to miscommunication, inefficiencies, and at times, costly mistakes. The solution? Implement an Agile work process that addresses the root causes of these problems.
A follow-up to our February webinar, “Enhance Transformation ROI with Agile at Scale” will show CFOs how Agile methodologies can help them reach profitability goals, grow shareholder value, and more.
The Disadvantages of a Traditional Organization
Today, companies around the world are selling ideas just as much as they are selling products and services. This approach requires businesses to work quickly and innovate at a much more rapid pace than in years past. Yet, the traditional organizational structure presents the following disadvantages:
- Long decision-making times: when a business has many layers of management, it can take a substantially long time for decisions to come across the desks of the people who need to weigh in. Further, the decision-making process becomes increasingly complicated when the input of multiple managers also requires negotiating some level of compromise so no one feels as though their opinion is being ignored.
- Lack of employee autonomy: in a traditional organizational structure, authority is assigned to the position over the individual. This approach requires leaders to constantly check how well individuals are functioning in these positions – and if they even have the actual skills needed for the job.
- Misinterpretation of messages: As objectives move through a traditional hierarchy, the original message may get lost in translation as it is communicated through each management level.
- Over-specialization: in a traditional organization, employees have a tendency to stick to the responsibilities outlined in their job description, which leaves little room for flexibility. This tendency can also kill problem-solving and spontaneity, which further holds the organization back from creative solutions and out-of-the-box ideas.
- Inability to adapt globally: we live in a global economy, yet traditional organizational structures have a hard time responding to this reality. The one-size-fits-all decision-making may cause businesses to lose global customers.
SAFe® for Lean Enterprises
SAFe® for Lean Enterprises is a knowledge base of proven, integrated principles, practices, and competencies for achieving business agility using Lean, Agile, and DevOps principles. With this approach, organizations can align business vision and goals with IT functionality delivery projects, incrementally deliver application functionality (which enables expedited ROI), and remove the disconnect between resources and cost-effective digital transformation delivery.
The methodology follows three stages:
1. Engage: Organizational Agility engages cross-functional teams and business stakeholders to validate a new product idea and/or market feedback by leveraging design thinking methods.
2. Accelerate: Deliver products and solutions for early visibility and customer engagement through a robust Agile Solution Delivery methodology and foundation that helps the business scale and grow.
3. Scale: Scale your product and business reach by enhancing the organizational maturity of your enterprise to foster a culture of continuous innovation that aligns your products and people with your customer.
Sign Up for the Webinar
During “Enhance Transformation ROI with Agile at Scale,” we’ll explore the advantages offered by SAFe® for Lean Enterprises, as well as Stefanini’s unique, proven approach. Join Craig Brown, Xceleon Chief Transformation Architect, Dave Smith, Stefanini Business Unit Leader, and Nikhil Desai, Stefanini Director, Solution Center at 10 a.m. EST on Wednesday, April 21.
We’re looking forward to a lively discussion centered around the various ways CFOs can leverage Agile methodologies to resolve business challenges, identify growth opportunities, and more! Register here: https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/7088562873258159632