Total Cost of Ownership. This single calculation is what drives many organizations to consider migrating from the IBM mainframe to a number of other platforms. Why? Because real dollar savings are a pathway to fund other key initiatives in IT. The options for moving off of the mainframe have multiplied in recent years and include:
- Re-architecture: All mainframe components and data are converted to target environment languages, interfaces, and databases.
- Emulation: All mainframe components are moved to Windows, UNIX, or Linux and an emulation software package is used to mimic the old mainframe.
- Mid-range Re-host: The primary target environment is IBM Power Systems (Series i, AS/400).
Lower Costs and Increased Productivity
Software choices based on open standards result in lower costs, while modern management and development tools lead to productivity increases. After mainframe migration, many customers have experienced significant reductions in annual maintenance costs and improvement of up to 40% in batch processing time and up to 30% on online applications. Stefanini has partnered with experienced partners around the globe to provide the best migration solutions. We can help take your migration to the desired environment, producing the intended outcome.
- Nearly 50 years of combined experience between Stefanini and its partners
- ISO 9001 Certified
- Lean Six Sigma
- Nearshore model eliminates major time zone issues
ITIL® is a registered trade mark of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved.