If you work in marketing, then you already know that the industry has undergone countless changes in the past decade.
The culprit? Technology.
With digital marketing, creating content is just the beginning. You now have to consider the type of content you’re putting out, optimizing content for mobile devices, your online presence, how to deploy marketing campaigns, Facebook ads, Google ads, how you’re capturing your leads, your target audiences, how you’re attracting people to your website, your SEO strategy … the list goes on.
It seems overwhelming, doesn’t it? Indeed, today’s digital marketing strategies have a lot of moving parts and it can be difficult to know where to start. That’s why we’ve compiled a list of tips and other insights from today’s leading digital marketing minds – check them out!
Best Digital Marketing Tips to Drive Business Success According to Top Brands
On Content Marketing
1. “Quality content means content that is packed with clear utility and is brimming with inspiration, and it has relentless empathy for the audience.”
Ann Handley, Digital Marketer, Writer and Speaker
2. “Now, if you truly understand how marketing works today, you know there is no individual six-month campaign; there’s only the 365-day campaign, during which you produce new content daily.”
Gary Vaynerchuk, Chairman and CEO of Vayner
3. Think about how to answer the user’s question when you’re writing your content, and if you could do that right, hopefully, it will lead to traffic to your website even 15 years from now.”
Barry Schwartz, CEO of RustyBrick
On Boosting Web Traffic
4. “Looking for things to share in your various social media accounts? Without a blog, your ability to share content that would draw people to your blog would dry up. Sure, you can continue to share other people’s great content but that only serves to grow your social presence, not your website visitors.”
Tom Treanor, Global Head of Marketing at Arm Treasure Data
On SEO Strategy
5. “A click-worthy title is actually worth a lot more than just a perfectly keyword-targeted title.”
Rand Fishkin, CEO & Co-Founder of SEOmoz
On Social Media Platforms
6. “Successful social media marketing is not built on impressions. It is built on relationships.”
Kim Garst, Marketing Strategist
7. “Instead of getting discouraged when a promising tweet doesn’t rack up the likes and retweets, pay attention to the clicks and check how long people stay on the page after coming from social. If your post is generating strong engagement, don’t worry so much about the superficial stats.”
Tallie Gabriel, Producer at Unthinkable Media
8. When it comes to social media marketing, you don’t have to post three times a day. It’s never about how often you post, but the quality of your content.”
Janet Benson Amarhavwie, Social Media Manager
On Video Marketing
9. “…no one is going to buy from you unless they trust you. Getting on a Facebook Live and making yourself visible to your audience is the number one way to build trust.”
Lindsey Anderson, Web Strategy Expert
On Conversion Optimization
10. “Measurement is the first step that leads to control and eventually to improvement. If you can’t measure something, you can’t understand it. If you can’t understand it, you can’t control it. If you can’t control it, you can’t improve it.”
H. James Harrington, CEO at Harrington Management Systems
11. “One excellent way to find insights that can increase conversion is to stop focusing on why people say ‘yes,’ and zoom in on what makes them say “no”.
Gregory Ciotti, Content Marketer for Spotify
On Email Marketing
12. “This is what most marketers get wrong. They focus all their efforts on building email lists, and almost no effort on how they’re going to make money from that list once they have it.”
Ryan Deiss, Founder and CEO of DigitalMarketer.com
13. “A small list that wants exactly what you’re offering is better than a bigger list that isn’t committed.”
S. Ramsay Leimenstoll, former Marketing and Sales Manager at Keep&Share
14. “Mediocre marketers think in terms of campaigns. Great marketers think in terms of growth of networks.”
Neil Patel, Internet Marketer and Entrepreneur
15. “If you think about one-to-one marketing in terms of ‘I need to deliver an experience that is entirely different for Jennifer than the experience that I deliver for Dom,’ you’re thinking about this the wrong way. You’re going to burn yourself out before you even see the finish line, let alone get there. What you really need is to deliver an experience that’s the most relevant for Jennifer and then deliver an experience that’s most relevant for Dom.”
Jennifer Polk, Managing Vice President for Gartner
16. “If your stories are all about your products and services, that’s not storytelling. It’s a brochure. Give yourself permission to make the story bigger.”
Jay Baer, Customer Experience and Marketing Expert
Get Closer to Potential Customers
In an increasingly connected world, your approach to marketing must be just as integrated. We create customized solutions for business owners by innovatively combining marketing tools and technology, while keeping the focus on the end user experience.
We focus on strategy, data science, media, and digital advertising, using data intelligence to boost business, connect people, and create experiences. Using our expertise, best practices, and statistical techniques, we provide actionable business insights based on data mining and predictive models, as well as analytics and social insights.