In recent years, business management has stealthily evolved from a fragmented process into an organized system. So what accounts for this evolution? The rapid shift in business trends and customer expectations has made organizations move from a product-centric approach to a customer-centric one.
Instead of mere business transactions, today’s brands are focusing on improving customer relationships. With better customer relationships, businesses are enhancing long-term customer value and increasing customer retention.
It used to be impossible to dig deeper into the customers’ needs, but with the advent of technology, organizations can now collect, process, and analyze a large volume of customer data generated while interacting with the company’s touchpoints, product channels, and service platforms. CRM systems enable organizations to derive true value from customers’ data and build strong customer relationships.
It is necessary to understand that CRM is not just software, but an approach to drive business while keeping customers at the center. Deploying CRM software to an organization of any size can add value to its business prospects. As per grand view research, the customer relationship management market size was valued at USD 52.4 billion in 2021 and is estimated to grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 13.3% from 2022 to 2030.
Undoubtedly, CRM software can bring enormous benefits to the organization, but it takes strategic planning to build a CRM system specific to business needs. Without the right CRM strategy and implementation plan, CRM can be no more than a glorified customer database. Here is the complete guide about the CRM system that gives a better understanding of its use and what it takes to build it.
What Is a Customer Relationship Management System?
CRM or Customer Relationship Management System is a combination of business strategies, processes, and software that facilitate long-term relationships with customers. It taps on every touchpoint of the customer journey and gathers crucial insights. CRM is about acquiring customers, knowing their needs, and fulfilling those needs.
Get even more benefits from your digital marketing by implementing AI Applications. Learn more about what companies are using.
A CRM tool consolidates customer information into a single database. It assists in segmenting and prioritizing the customers. It automates various processes and eliminates excess manual work. Besides that, it tracks customers’ historical data, which could be helpful in forecasting product demand, identifying sales targets, and predicting business profits.
Types of CRM systems
There are three types of CRM systems.
- Collaborative CRM systems
- Operational CRM systems
- Analytical CRM systems
Benefits of Having a Customer Relationship Management System
- Optimize customer experience: CRM tools use data analytics to track the customers’ behavior and place the organization in a better position to understand the customers’ needs. Besides that, it helps the support team to respond to customers’ queries quickly. The system enables customer reps to register client requests, assign a responsible person, and track the query’s status. Even the customer rep who is interacting for the first time with the customer finds it easy to deal with the problem, as it can fetch all the previous data about the customer issue from the system.
- Make sales and marketing team proactive: CRM software aligns the sales and marketing team. It gives them up-to-date information about customers’ every transaction and, based on this information, the team then targets the customers. The marketing team uses CRM data to qualify the leads before passing them to the sales team. It saves time and creates more result-oriented sales efforts. By minimizing the communication gap, the sales and marketing team becomes proactive in converting leads into potential buyers. CRM software also generates automated sales reports highlighting key trends and forecasting sales performance. In short, from managing the sales and marketing funnel to lead qualification and deal closure, CRM software amplifies the sales process.
- Higher productivity: CRM tool automates various processes such as customer segmentation, marketing automation, lead distribution, report generation, workflow automation, task allocation, sending automatic notifications, and logging phone calls or email interactions. Users can also explore more automation features with advanced CRM software. Automation in CRM augments the staff’s efficiency and increases their productivity.
- Maintain a centralized database: Organizations can excel in business when the customer data is uniform and easily accessible by any department. CRM system acts as a centralized data storage system that manages all the information about the customers from a single place. It saves employees time in searching customers’ data in files and documents and manages them in a more organized fashion. The CRM system also safeguards the customers’ data with robust security features.
Enhance the security features of the CRM system with other forms of cybersecurity for the ultimate protection of customer data.
- Third-party tool integration: CRM integration with the third-party tool is an important aspect of the CRM system. It enables the CRM system to augment its usability and helps organizations to derive the true potential of the CRM system. CRM can add more value to the organization by integrating it with third-party tools such as ERP software, accounting software, customer support software, etc.
- Enhance internal communication: CRM system facilitates smooth communication among team members and gives 24/7 accessibility to work information. All the information in the system is updated and keeps team members on the same page.
The process to Build CRM System
Step 1) Define business requirements: Clearly define the goals or requirements that need to be achieved through CRM software. This will help to create a baseline of features that need to be included in the CRM system. Such an arrangement will make the tool more productive. Requirements can be gathered through surveys, customer feedback, or stakeholders’ inputs. Also, check what resources are needed to launch and maintain the CRM.
Step 2) Meet all legal and security compliances: Before building a CRM system, business owners need to ensure that there is no violation of legal laws or security compliances. Gather and document all the paperwork that is necessary for building CRM solutions.
Step 3) Estimate budget: Figure out a budget estimate to build a CRM system. Key factors influencing the CRM budget are project size, development team size, and implementation.
Step 4) Choose the best CRM partner: Selecting a reliable software development company is critical for building an effective CRM system. The best software development company offers the best-in-class technologies and developers for building CRM software.
Step 5) CRM software development: The next step is the development phase, where CRM software is built and released in cycles. The software development team creates the design, prototype, workflow, etc., and proceeds with software development.
Step 6) Software testing and launch: Once the software is developed, it is tested for its quality before its final release. Once testing is done, the software is ready to launch and perform in a real environment.
Read more about marketing strategies that work to attract customers in the retail industry here!
Right Approach to Create Successful CRM Strategy
CRM strategy is about implementing a CRM system to gain maximum benefits while following the CRM best practices. It is a game plan to enhance customer relationships with the sales, marketing, and customer service teams. CRM strategy enables business owners to understand how CRM functions within the company and identify growth opportunities.
Objectives of CRM Strategy
- Better team collaboration
- Eliminate manual tasks
- Reduce delay in serving customers
- Better visibility over a sales pipeline and tracking sales leads
- Create a personalized and targeted marketing campaign
- Forecast future performance
Creating a successful CRM strategy
- Analyze the business: Analyzing the current business processes and workflow is essential for successful CRM implementation. SWOT-analysis helps identify the business’s weaknesses, strengths, and opportunities. With clarity on business workflow, it is easy to implement a CRM strategy.
- Set CRM goals: Identify CRM goals to derive better ROI from CRM. Business owners’ goals could be reducing customer churn-out rate, increasing customer lifetime value, increasing sales, strengthening customer loyalty, etc.
- Identify target customers: Identify the target customers to get better results from CRM. It enables marketing and salespeople to design a CRM strategy that meets customers’ needs and increases the retention rate.
- Map customer journey: Knowing customer journeys can help business organizations to get a broader perspective on the customers’ pain points and ways to solve them. By addressing their issues, business owners can make the customer experience seamless, and improve customer acquisition rates.
- Automation: Automate repetitive tasks. Besides automating administrative tasks, the CRM tool can be very handy in automating customer-facing processes such as customer service, sales, and marketing. It increases staff productivity and allows them to focus on other essential tasks.
- Audit customers’ data: Audit CRM data regularly and keep data up-to-date. Quality data can improve business performance, and therefore, it is necessary to eliminate unnecessary data like duplicate entries, dormant customers, or low-engaging customers.
- Training staff: CRM’s seamless adoption by the staff determines its success. If the staff has less idea about its functions and usability, the business organization cannot leverage CRM to its full potential. It is therefore necessary that organizations provide proper training on its usage.
- Track performance: In the end, business organizations should monitor CRM performance. CRM tool comes with data-analytics features that give detailed insight into the CRM performance and whether business organizations have achieved the set targets.
By using CRM systems, business organizations can build strong customer relationships. It enables business organizations to enhance the customer experience throughout their journey and deliver quality products or services. Processes like sales, marketing, and customer service can be carried out in a systematic and organized manner. For firms mapping their success on the ground of customer satisfaction and loyalty, the CRM tool can be instrumental.
But it takes a lot of effort and planning to make CRM a successful deal. Organizations building CRM for their specific needs must be tactical and have a thorough knowledge of CRM tools. It gives them a broad perspective on CRM implementation and solving customers’ issues quickly.
Author-bio: Jimmy Johnson is a senior content writer at GoodFirms specializing in various technology topics. Currently, Jimmy writes on project development strategies, software solutions like CRM software, SEO, and the latest technology trends, and scouts many exciting technologies that empower businesses.
Enhance Your Customer’s Experience with Our Digital Solutions!
A great customer experience can redefine how consumers feel about your business, and shape their loyalties. Count on us to consult with you and co-create a solution to give you the successful interactions you rely on! Speak with an expert today!
Ready to consult with a Stefanini expert?
Enhance Digital Capabilities with Stefanini
Stefanini is ready to bring the latest and best digital tools needed to optimize your operation.
Our team of experts will examine your processes and use their knowledge to find the technology that meets the unique concerns of any production line.
Ready to get started? Contact us today to speak with an expert!