What are cookies?
A cookie is a small text file that is stored on your computer when visiting a website. This text file stores information that can be read by the website when visiting it again at a later date. Cookies can be installed by the server of the website you visit or by partners of that website.A website’s server can only read the cookies it has installed itself, and has no access to other information found in your computer or mobile device. Cookies are stored in the folder of your browser on your computer or mobile device.
Cookies generally make the interaction between the visitor and the website faster and easier, and help the visitor navigate between the different parts of a website. Some of these cookies are necessary because otherwise the site is unable to function properly. Other cookies are convenient for the visitor: they remember your username in a secure way as well as your language preferences, for example. Cookies mean that you do not need to fill out the same information each time you visit a website.
- Necessary cookies
- Functional cookies
- Performance cookies
- Advertisement cookies
These cookies are indispensable for visiting our websites and using certain parts of the websites. For instance, they allow you to navigate between the different parts of the website, and fill in forms. If you refuse these cookies, certain parts of the website will not work, or will not work optimally.
Functional cookies are cookies that make it easier for our websites to work, make them more pleasant for visitors, and ensure that you have a more personalized browsing experience. For example, these cookies can remember your language choice and customer segment.
We use performance cookies to obtain information about visitors’ use of our websites, in order to improve the content of our websites, adapt them to the wishes of visitors, and make them more user-friendly. For instance, there is a cookie that counts the number of unique visitors, and a cookie that keeps track of the most popular pages.
Act-On – Stefanini utilizes Act-On software. Act-On is a software-as-a-service product for marketing automation developed by Act-On Software. When you visit our website, Act-On collects demographic details and profile data and stores them anonymously in an advertisement cookie. Advertisement cookies do not contain personal data. The information collected via these cookies are used to tailor the products and services you may be interested in when on our website.
How to disable cookies?
1. Open Firefox.
2. At the top of the Firefox window, click the “Firefox” button and then select “Options.”
3. Select the panel “Privacy”
4. Set “Firefox will:” to “Use custom settings for history”. Uncheck the “Accept cookies from sites” option to disable cookies.
5. Click “OK” to close the options
1. Open Internet Explorer.
2. Click the “Tools” button and click “Internet Options.”
3. Click the “Privacy” tab and then “Settings”, move the control up to block all cookies, and then click “OK”
1. Open Google Chrome.
2. Click the icon of the tool.
3. Select “Settings.”
4. Near the bottom of the page, click “Show advanced settings.”
5. In the “Privacy”, click “Content settings” section.
6. To disable cookies, select “Block site settings of any data”.
1. Open Safari.
2. Choose “Preferences” in the toolbar and click on “Privacy” (You can find the toolbar that looks like a gear, top right in Safari window.)
3. In the “Block cookies” section, you can specify if and when Safari should accept cookies from sites. To see an explanation of the options, click the help button (question mark)
4. If you want to see which sites store cookies on your computer, click Details.